Agenda for January 15, 2008 meeting of SWLA ACS Executive Board
- Welcome the Newly Elected Officers -
Joseph Sneddon - Chairman-Elect
Greg Trahan - Secretary
Bob Pertuit - Councilor
- Tour Speakers, Dates, and Topics
Helen M. Free - Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - "Chemistry -
Contributions to the Quality of Life"
Mary Virginia Orna - Monday, September 22, 2008 - "Doing Chemistry at
the Art/Archaeology Interface"
Jenny and Jim Marshall - Wednesday, November 5, 2008 - "Discovery of
- Chicken & Sausage Gumbo with Tour Speaker Helen Free on Wednesday,
February 13, 2008
- The PPG Park has been reserved for the evening of Wednesday,
- Gumbo Preparations - Two ladies have agreed to get all the
supplies, prepare the Gumbo, rice, and potato salad for 50 people for 2 each
VISA Gift cards of $75 each. I will submit the expenses to Grizelle
for supplies and Gift Cards.
- Spring Speaker Seminar Series - Department Head from the University
of Texas, El Paso
- SW LA Section - airline expenses.
- McNeese Chemistry Department - meals and board.
- ChemExpo - January 29, 2008 - Tables with Luminary Awards, SW LA ACS
Banner, Picture of Chemluminary.
- Completion of Annual Report.
- New Business